Foreclosure Actions Committee - May 6, 2012

Please post all committee meeting minutes in this forum. Arrange them by Year, Month and Day (e.g., Communications Minutes 10/20/2011)

Foreclosure Actions Committee - May 6, 2012

Postby Vickie E » Sun May 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Occupy Eugene Foreclosure Actions Committee Minutes

Date/Time: May 6, 2012

Location: Growers Market

Facilitators: Joint facilitation

Minute Taker: Vickie Embree

Attendees: Fergus, Scott, Majeska, Patricia, Reid, Vickie

Patricia's Auction
ACTION: Vickie will contact Chris at KEZI about wednesday at 2 p.m., friday at noon. events
ACTION: Fergus will call Hershner and Hunter to make sure auction is still happening on May 10th.
ACTION: Patricia will verify Fergus made the call.
Patricia wants the auction to be stopped. Notify auctioneer that an offer has been made.
ACTION: Patricia will write a letter to bank verifying offer on her property and that they are obstructing the sale. They agreed to send a copy of the NOTE, and have not done so. They are failing to comply with their obligations agreed to under the federal settlement with 49 states. Copy of letter to state Attorney General.
ACTION: Monday, May 7th, 10 a.m.: Linda Stork's auction at courthouse.
Wednesday, May 9th,. Wells Fargo downtown at B-way and Oak. 2 p.m. Bank first, then WFHM afterward.

ACTION: Scott will bring signs and will be point person with Nancy.
ACTION: Patricia will mention she has a buyer for her place and we need the note.
ACTION: Patricia will contact Shannon from the Eugene Weekly and set up relationship with her.
ACTION: Vickie will contact TV and KLCC on Wednesday morning regarding Patricia (contacting KEZI on Monday as above).

Friday, May 11: Moratorium press conference at noon, county courthouse. Reid will talk, Malcolm will talk. Cindy Latrell will also talk. Fergus sent Malcolm talking points. Aimee will help. AG has said that MERS is illegal, cannot own property in Oregon. About half of foreclosures are MERS. New law will not allow MERS to operate. Calling on governor and AG to bring about moratorium.
ACTION: Fergus will email Malcolm's talking points to Bank Buster.
Redundancy is okay when speaking about these points. Reid will bring in point of Housing is a Human Right, and mention the Foreclosure Committee.
ACTION: Scott will make phone number signs.
ACTION: Scott will contact Cottage Grove people and Ashland Occupy, and he will send out press conference email.
ACTION: Lambert Auction is at 10 a.m. on Friday.
ACTION: Scott will ask for involvement of ESSN and CALC regarding immediate emergency moratorium.

Lost recording fees. May 17th. Budget deliberations. We will demonstrate outside. Press conference.

Strategic Plan: Does this proposal address the new law? Neighborhood outreach may not be viable at this point. It was suggested to continue to organize the metro level.

Tabling with Justine Copper Cary Thompson? Display board. Collaborate with Cary and Justine.
ACTION: 11:00 A.M. TEntative first-time saturday market tabling next Saturday. Vickie will send email outling tabling plans.
Vickie E
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Foreclosure Actions Committee - May 6, 2012

Postby Vickie E » Sun May 06, 2012 9:45 pm

"outlining" Sorry for losing it at the end there. Was something going to ask Joe for help with videographer?
Vickie E
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:04 pm


Return to Committee Meeting Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron