OE General Assembly Responds to City Council Proposal

Multiracial Hands Making a CircleThe Eugene City council will decide tomorrow at noon (Dec 14th) whether or not to extend the camping exemption to allow the occupation to continue at Washington / Jefferson Park. If you would like to attend, please be at 777 Pearl Street – 12:00pm, the meeting will be held in the McNutt Room. Please see our discussion of the current proposal as far as we understand it. Essentially, Occupy Eugene would be given 45 days past the original deadline of Dec 15th and then would be asked to “de-camp” by  the City.
If the camping ban exemption is not extended, Occupy Eugene will have 72 hours to vacate the camp. Should this happen, there will be an emergency GA tomorrow at 7pm (at the occupation site), to discuss our options.

In the late evening hours of December 13th, 2011, Occupy Eugene General Assembly reached consensus on the following proposal to City Council.


A: Occupy Eugene requests City Council to extend the camping ban exemption, and to postpone the City Council’s vote  on the motion before them until January 9th , so that Occupy Eugene, social services, and the City can draft  a more concrete proposal.

B: If the City Council declines to postpone its vote on the motion before them until January 9th, Occupy Eugene requests at least 90 days to remain onsite until a better solution is revisited, as per our agreement as consensed on by the GA.

Consent was reached on 12/13/11 by Occupy Eugene with 1 stand aside.