Flash Mob on Nov. 24

Organizing protests and camp activities; approving non-OE events to support; working with other groups on actions

Flash Mob on Nov. 24

Postby EugTeach » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:59 pm

I was at the screening of The Plunder of our Time, and heard about the upcoming flash mob. I am wondering if people were all on the same page about our goals, behavior, and other details like that before the action. If people are on the same page, could you direct me to that page so I can be on it too?

Stay solid!
EugTeach

Re: Flash Mob on Nov. 24

Postby mcarrigan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Following is a e-mail sent to Mayor Piercy and forwarded to me. My understanding is that is OE folks will not be blockading the entrances to Valley River but instead will creatively
proclaim their no shopping message.

Dear Mayor, Council and City Manager,

I understand that you want to allow people the right to protest,and I agree. However, I understand that Occupy Eugene is going to try and block people from entering the Valley River Mall on Black Friday. This is going to far! With the economy in such bad shape, people hearing about this are deciding to stay away. This hurts all the people that have a business and all that wish just to make a living. It is Time to put a stop to this. I for one will go to Springfield to do my shopping if this is allow to continue.

Marsha Phillips
mcarrigan

Postby jeanstac » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:48 pm

there is no blockading planned - just mindful entertainment. i've forwarded the concerns on to the action committee for response.
jeanstac

Postby EugTeach » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Here is a list of stores at VRC that I put together. (A-C)

Aeropostale - 942 Aéropostale stores in the United States (from Wikipedia)
All American Ice Cream & Yogurt - A franchise corporation with stores in 8 states and plans to expand to most other states. (from their website)
Arby's - Huge fast food corporation
AT&T - Huge telecommunications corporation
Banana Republic - Franchise affiliated with the GAP and Old Navy
Bath & Body Works - 66 stores in Canadian malls alone (from their website)
Body Jewelry Company - 5 stores and an online store (from their website)
Buckle - The Company currently operates over 400 stores in 41 states, under the names Buckle and The Buckle. (from their website)
Build-A-Bear Workshop - Build-A-Bear Workshop is a powerful global brand! (from their website)
C.J. Banks - 553 store locations as of November 29, 2008. (from their website)
Cafe Aroma - Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $500,000 to $1 million and employs a staff of approximately 5 to 9.
Cellairis - Quickly approaching the opening of their seven hundredth store location across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom (from their website)
Champs Sports - 552 stores are located throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands (from their website)
Charley's Grilled Subs - Our family has grown from that first restaurant in Columbus, Ohio to a network that spans the globe (from their website)
Charlotte Russe - Stores in 46 states (from their website)
Chili's - International corporation with stores in 33 countries worldwide (from their website)
Christopher & Banks - 553 store locations as of November 29, 2008. (see C.J. Banks)
Cinnabon - International chain (from their website)
Claire's - Large corporation associated with ICING Brand (from their website)
Clear - Huge telecommunications corporation (Clearwire)
Comcast - Huge telecommunications corporation
Cosmo's Baked Carmel Corn - Cosmos Caramel Corn was founded by Lisa and Jim Roberts in 2004, under the name of Planetary Food Group in Eugene, Oregon. (from their website)
Crossfit Eugene - Franchise fitness corporation with hundreds of locations worldwide (from their website)
Cry Baby Ink - Local tattoo business (from what I can tell)
EugTeach

Postby thefelinepunk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:50 pm

This might be slightly off-topic, guys, but my husband and I were wondering if there might be any rideshares out to VRC tonight so we can attend. We're out in Springfield and we can't take a bus out there due to it being Thanksgiving and all.
thefelinepunk

Return to Actions