Event Publicity

Organizing protests and camp activities; approving non-OE events to support; working with other groups on actions

Event Publicity

Postby KatieDee » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:27 am

Hello Actions!

We want to help you publicize your events in the most efficient way possible!

We approved the following proposal at our meeting yesterday:

Proposal: When there are requests to add calendar events (on Facebook Group, Website, Google Calendar, Email Announce, Flier) they must first have been approved through the Actions Committee. Suggest that Actions identify a liaison to work with the communications liaison (Rob Sydor). Approved

Here's what we need (send to oec_communications [at] lists.riseup.net or to our liaison with Actions, Rob):

*Date
*Time
*Location of event
*event details - what is it? What is it about? (i.e. a little blurb we can use to make fliers and Facebook events)
*what you want us to do - i.e. Facebook event? Google Calendar posting? Fliers? Post to website?

I know y'all are stretched thin - so are we, but if we could get this info as far in advance as possible, that would be awesome.

Thank you for the work you do!

Katie
Communications Committee
KatieDee

Re: Event Publicity

Postby emeraldopalite » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:01 pm

How in advance would one need to submit an action for approval before posting occurs? Also, what are the consequences for not doing this?
emeraldopalite

Re: Event Publicity

Postby KatieDee » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:31 pm

It depends on our availability at the time. Like Actions, we're a committee made up of busy busy people. A consequence would just be that we'd have to scramble to get something out, and less people might find out about it as a result.
KatieDee

Return to Actions