Facebook Group - How can we support them?

Facebook Group - How can we support them?

Postby d347h574R » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:21 pm

What can we do to help support those who support us, remotely, within our Facebook group?
d347h574R

Re: Facebook Group - How can we support them?

Postby TMc » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:36 pm

best idea I have is to link them to here that way we aren't double posting.
TMc

Postby Graham L » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 am

There are several pages, all claiming to be the "real" OE fb page. One is an informal discussion and the other seems to be a list of Official Announcements, updated infrequently, with no way to comment or ask questions. Can't we consolidate?
Graham L

Postby scotty_p » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 am

I think the facebook group that most of us here are conversing with is an important level of the conversation. Different arenas, different audiences (the trolls i could do without), but all valuable for co-parsing this amazing experience. And I think the more we officially promote that FB group, the more attention we will draw away from unofficial ones. And undoubtedly it constitutes a significant "intake" for people that are curious about the Movement.

Cross-posting helps, but doubles the time-intensity. Ultimately, the forum should be heavily advertised as well, especially on FB. We have a lot more control over the forum, editing is way easier there, and threads just don't just get gobbled up and buried into the bottomless-pit/data-matrixing-mill that is Facebook.

The question to me is, does promoting the forum on FB invite trolls over, or is that just not as big of an issue with the lesser exposure there to make that much of a concern?

~scotty
scotty_p

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:37 am

One of the things we can do is direct actions. We march on the banks. We protest black Friday. now, we can tell the entire community that we are not just doom and gloom, interference orientated. On Saturday, the 10th, OE actions committee, asks that all OE members and our supporters, join in solidarity and support of the Holiday Market. We will line 18th with signs supporting Buy Local. Give gifts that give to more than those receiving the gifts. Support our local economy, buy local. This is part of the the Human rights Day actions. Corporate personage and greed has drawn much of our community into the the hooks and snares of their major media marketing campaign. Buying from these corporate oppressors, directly violates human rights around the world through the support of Sweat Shops, forced Child Labor, gross workers rights violations, and a total disregard for our earth, globally. Supporting our local businesses with such a campaign, also supports local economies across the country and puts an additional light on the face of the OWS movement and OE specifically.
When you join in the sign making on Friday evening for the Port actions, also make one for the Human Rights/Holiday Market gathering, for Saturday, the 11th. We will be gathering at the Assembly Village Dome at 12:30pm. Do some coordination planning and move out by 1:30. See you there.
Ross

Postby Oliveber » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:35 pm

best idea I have is to link them to here that way we aren't double posting.
Oliveber

Return to Communications