Letter Writing Group

Letter Writing Group

Postby JerryB » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:59 pm

In General Discussions I proposed a letter writing group called "Solutions For The 99%" see: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=711

I think it would be a good idea to have a group of writers who can respond to negative letters to the editor or guest viewpoints like the one in today's paper (RG 1-11-12). Since it would be spur of the moment letter writing I think the group should probably be what Samuel Rutledge proposed as individual members of the Occupy Coalition and not as official spokespersons of Occupy Eugene.

Another aspect of the group would be to explore creative solutions to all of the problems that beset the community, State, and Nation with emphasis on what would be best for the 99%.

Michael Carrigan said he would be interested as would some of the folk in Communications.

I've lined up a good quite meeting place but my 1st meeting was a bust because it was scheduled at the same time as the communications meeting the Constitution class and something else. If people are interested what would be a good day and time?

If we can get a group together I have lined up Aria Seligmann and Susan Cundiff who were both active in WAND's "Circle of Scribes" to give us some hints.

If anyone is interested in participating please contact Jerry Brule at: OccupyJerryB@Comcast.net
JerryB

Return to Communications