Foreclosures

Foreclosures

Postby Ross » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 pm

The first NAC meet up is Sunday at Reality Kitchen, on Van Buren, 12-3 (but we can end earlier of course, that's the time we have slotted for OE. the focus of this meeting will be Foreclosures and Property Owners, Rights, Responsibilities and courses of action that can be taken, other than the big inner course the Big Banks and Mortgage Lenders are planning. Including Occupying Foreclosures.
Over the past week, I have met countless folks interested in this issue and many with past experience and some understanding of the laws. I picked up two hitch hiker today because they looked like Occupiers, and that they were. House and Hex just came down from OP after getting arrested at a Foreclosure Occupation. They had a lot of great info as you can imagine. This was also their 17th Occupation to visit. Our Kitchen topped all they had seen.
Then I went and canvassed the Whiteaker Neighborhood. I knocked on close o a hundred doors and spoke with about 30 people. I heard and confirmed the information on a real estate site, that there are over 150 foreclosures in the 97402 zip. Yet I met only one person who seemed to be in that situation. She was interested in the meeting yet she didn't seem to want to get into it with such a stranger, and of course, I wasn't comfortable pressuring her. I already felt like a door to door salesman or a Witness/
So other than about 4 folks facing foreclosure, I am getting concerned. I was hoping to be able to contact a good portion of these folks and then get a percentage to show. With only four, the %s better be high eey. Can legal research help. People facing foreclosure, names addresses, contact info, and maybe a spokesperson from legal who might light to join us for this meeting on Sunday. And of course, any info anybody has on the subject would be excellent,
I have been to the goodgriefamerica site and it is excellent, so are ya'all - that being said, Just get me a hundred or more names and contact info for folks facing foreclosure, I'll do the work
Ross

Re: Foreclosures

Postby Ross » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:23 pm

anybody home? just checking. This is not about myself but OWS, OE and many local homeowners. Please consider what if anything legal and research are willing to offer, in regards to this extremely important issue.
Ross

Re: Foreclosures

Postby kokomojo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:12 pm

i'm interested in this issue and will try to make the meeting on sunday. i have another meeting i'm supposed to be at at the same time....to get a letter of support
for occupy from a local faith congregation. Jen
kokomojo

Return to Research & Legal