Communications Minutes 3/4/12

Please post all committee meeting minutes in this forum. Arrange them by Year, Month and Day (e.g., Communications Minutes 10/20/2011)

Communications Minutes 3/4/12

Postby Vnelson42 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Comm Comm Meeting
March 4, at Growers Market
Attending: Graham, Bret, Rob, Larry, Vickie, Reid, Michael
Facilitator: Graham; Notes: Vickie

Web Issue One:

We need a Donate Button on top page of our website. Consensus reached and Reid did it.

Upcoming Events:

Item 74 Discussion night Sunday 4-7pm, hosted by library committee. Discussing Diversity of Tactics this week. Ongoing. We will do calendar, Web and Facebook page.

Item 75 Occupy Interfailth Eugene, March 25 1 pm-? Unitarian Universalist Church. Monthly meeting. Ongoing. We will do calendar, Web and Facebook page.

OE Open House:

Bret will do form. We will do calendar, Web, and Facebook page.

We also want a poster: Graham will design it and Rob will get it printed.

We discussed doing an ad in Eugene Weekly, possibly 1/6 of a page. Discussion about whether or not money could be better spent. Rob will talk to Eugene Weekly to see if we can get a good price. Graham will design an ad to go with poster and we will see if we can raise the money for it.

We will also send email invitations to social service agencies and possibly other groups along with a .pdf of the poster. Vickie will write and send them out. We will try to get Helios’s email list.

At the Open House we need to make sure we connect new volunteers to projects and get them involved.

Open House details: Saturday, March 24, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Call it Open House Volunteer Fair. Rob will project a slide show of Occupy Eugene photos during the event.

At the Open House we need to make sure we connect new volunteers to projects and get them involved.

Meeting Dates and Times:

We discussed whether or not Comm Comm needs two meetings a week. We could possibly skip Sundays, although lately Thursday doesn’t get as many people as Sunday. We decided to keep both meeting times reserved and decide if we need a second meeting on a week by week basis.

Website Concerns Two:

Newsletter needs a place on our website for extra materials and a Spanish edition. We decided we would like the newsletter to be reached by clicking on the MEDIA tab, and then on DOCUMENTS/FLYERS.

Indubious Concert Press Press Release:

Bret will watch Reid’s training video and send out the PR.

Grant / Publications:

There are grants by the city and the country OE or an individual in OE could go after and we are looking into them.
Vnelson42
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Return to Committee Meeting Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron