OH-FAC! Business/Actions - August 9, 2012

Please post all committee meeting minutes in this forum. Arrange them by Year, Month and Day (e.g., Communications Minutes 10/20/2011)

OH-FAC! Business/Actions - August 9, 2012

Postby Vickie E » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:43 am

Occupy Housing and Foreclosure Actions Committee Minutes

Date/Time: August 9, 2012

Location: Growers Market

Facilitators: Reid

Attendees: Majeska, Lee, Art, Michael, Reid, Vickie, Fergus

Minute Taker: Vickie

Agenda
1) 1191
2) Campaign
3) Experts for Wednesday Meetings

1191: Need 3 people at night.
Reach out to Interfaith Occupy and union group. Fergus reached out to Interfaith Occupy yesterday.
Reid is still working on forgery poster/display.
Include in instructions Christina's address.
If you email Christina Bellini, she will do tweets regarding 1191. Update evening shift-people on why we are here.

Campaign: Perhaps there could be a proposal that this could be an OE campaign, rather than THE OE campaign.
Has the GA been asked to endorse this as the focused campaign? No.
It has been said that when we select a campaign, the movement will decide what we want to do.

Housing as a Human Right (HAAHR): We may not want to use that as a way to describe the campaign. OE needs to have its own campaign. HAAHR is a thing that many organizations in the community are involved in. It may be better to use HAAHR as a subpoint where we can share work with other local groups. Occupy needs to have their own special thing. Something different and unique to Occupy. Intensive workshops regarding evolving tactics and a framework that enables us to be ready to do the next thing. When Lauren gets here, perhaps she can set up a time outside of this meeting to work on planning. Finance/fundraising, Library, Opportunity Village/Homeless Solutions. Incorporate other groups in our campaign. Some wish to see a more practical way to go, rather than looking at the big picture. Campaign meetings need not be abstract. It may not always possible to plan things in advance. What can Reconomy do for us? It was suggested that we do engage with Reconomy. They have a letter writing campaign to write letters to county commissioners regarding missing tax monies.

Experts come to meeting. Do we want them to sign a confidentiality agreement?
ACTION: Fergus will ask Tim to show up on time.
It is strongly felt that we cannot create or enforce confidentiality agreements. It was suggested that we might want to have an attorney attend meetings.
ACTION: Reid will contact other Wednesday attendees to see how they feel about experts attending.
ACTION: Lee will ask Reconomy about their legal resources.

Fergus reserved a room for Thursday, August 30th, EWEB. Angela is not available on that day. Fergus is asking about the Monday and Friday of that week. Lee Beyer is the one behind 1552. He put his own attorney on this. Ask Ann Aitken to come?

Since the Cozmic Dave Lippmann show was an Occupy campaign. $191 for Dave, and $40 was made from selling occupy stuff and donations.
Vickie E
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Return to Committee Meeting Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron