OE GA Minutes Friday Dec. 2, 2011

Please post all general assembly meeting minutes here. Arrange them by Year, Month and Day (e.g., Minutes GA 10/20/2011).

OE GA Minutes Friday Dec. 2, 2011

Postby jeanstac » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:42 am

GA Minutes Friday, Dec. 2, 2011

Agenda
Morale
Committee Reports
Reimbursement for Building Materials Proposal
Blood Drive Proposal
Announcements

Facilitator
Jennifer
Minutes
Jean

Summary of items consensed upon:
$289 reimbursement to Jamil for money advanced for shrinkwrap for domes
Occupy Eugene will sponsor a “Give your blood to save our Site” drive between now and October 12.

Summary of meetings announced:
• Facilitation Training: Sat., Dec. 3, 2PM at Grower’s Market at 454 Willamette.
• Crabgrass training will be give on Monday, Dec. 5 at 4:30 at the café outside the Eugene Public Library
• Collective Visioning: Saturday, Dec. 3 at 2 PM at the Dome
• Communications Committee: Saturday, Dec. 3, 2 PM at the Dome
• Village Community Committee: Sun., Dec. 4 and Weds. Dec. 7, both at 7PM in the dome and every Sun and Weds. thereafter
• Open Assembly Saturday, Dec. 3 at 4PM at 7th and Polk at the old AAA Warehouse
• City Council Decision on Extension to Encampment on Dec. 12
• Community Conversation Meetings Dec. 5 and Dec. 12 at Harris Hall
• Lost Valley Education Center is giving a permaculture workshop on Dec. 9 with arrival at the site in Dexter by 11 AM
• Sunday, Dec. 4 bible meeting in the dome


MINUTES:

Morale:
Everyone made a wish for Occupy Eugene

Committee Reports:

Medical: Needs hand warmers, bottled H2O, lots ‘n lots of cough drops, inhalers, tissues, handiwipes, larger than 8x8 gauzes, fabric tape

Facilitation: Facilitation Training for anyone willing to facilitate meetings. Sat., Dec. 3, 2PM Grower’s Market at 454 Willamette. Entry is between Red Agave and Morning Glory. Those needing riders can meet at the dome at 1:45.

Finance: Fundraising has been formed as a splinter group of finance. Early next week they will put language on Crabgrass about fundraising language/policies. They will then be brought to the GA for consensus. Basically, Fundraising will ask that people check in with them BEFORE scheduling a fundraiser to be sure the correct criteria are met and to assure that the money goes to Fundraising. People with fundraising ideas should contact Fundraising through finance until fundraising gets it’s own address.
Crabgrass training will be give on Monday, Dec. 5 at 4:30 at the café outside the Eugene Public Library. Bring your computer. Crabgrass is an on-line tool for simultaneous collaboration so that people can build on-line documents in real time with several people working on a single document together.

Collective Visioning: Working on a Collective Statement for the City Council on Dec. 12. Next meeting is Saturday, Dec. 3 at 2PM at the Dome.
Communications Committee: Will meet Saturday, Dec. 3, 2 PM at the Dome.

Peacekeepers: We need additional people to stay this evening until around 2 AM.

New Committee Announcement: Village Community Committee will meet Sun, Dec. 4 and Weds Dec 7, both at 7PM in the dome and every Sun and Weds. thereafter.

Engineering Proposal: that the GA approve $289 to repay Jamil who advanced the money to buy a 20’ x 200’ roll of white shrinkwrap to cover several domes. The purchase was made prior to approval to take advantage of a time sensitive offer for a good price. A $200 pledge was not honored. Consensus was reached to repay Jamil. Concern was expressed that donations not be counted until they were received. Upon questioning, it was explained that the shrinkwrap can be used if the same structure is reconstructed as is. At this time a 16’ diameter healing hut is planned.

Give Blood Proposal: Carol suggested that we pledge to give blood to the Lane County Blood Bank to save the site. The major concern expressed was timing this so that it made an impact. Donations will need to be made by Dec. 9 best case and Dec. 12 at last possible. Carol will be on site 11Am to 2PM Sat., Sun., Mon. and Tues to give people a ride. (need to be sure blood bank is open Sat or Sunday???).
Individuals who has privately given tattoos and piercings cannot donate but those with professional of same can. Those with hepatitis or mrsa or those at risk of aids cannot. No drug user can give nor can those who have recently traveled out of the country (check for specifics of how long ago and where.)
Consensus was reached for individuals to give blood in Occupy’s name in order to save the site. There were two agree with reservations and the reservations regarded timing for maximum impact.
Carol can be reached at 541-344-0583 to arrange rides.

Announcements:

Open Assembly: There will be an Open Assembly Saturday, Dec. 3 at 4PM at 7th and Polk at the old AAA Warehouse. The purpose is to give those unable or unwilling to visit the encampment an opportunity to participate in Occupy Eugene.
City Council Decision on Extension to Encampment on Dec. 12: They have asked us to remove the illegal signs (again); make fire lanes and get flammable tarps. It was discussed that any candles should be set up in a pan of water to make them safer.
Community Conversation Meetings Dec. 5 and Dec. 12 at Harris Hall.
Lost Valley Education Center is giving a permaculture workshop on Dec. 9 with arrival at the site in Dexter by 11 AM. There is room for occupiers to have a tour and some classes. Jennifer will post details in forums under General Discussion and people should respond to her there or in person if they want to be included in the trip.
Kesey Square outreach today got 70 petition signatures and $40 donations reported Art.
Sunday, Dec. 4 bible meeting in the Dome.
City Council talking points have been posted on the forums under general discussion if you want some ideas of how to get started on your letter to City Council. Ronnie is taking dictated letters, has 15 so far and will get more. He needs a volunteer to transcribe them….
Chanting rude remarks to passerby does not serve us well. Say something nice back if people are obscene to us.
jeanstac
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:57 am

Return to GA Meeting Minutes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron