Introduction ... OE through the eyes of functional democracy

Gathers to analyze and address the relations between systems at different levels: the systems that emerge among us as members of the occupation itself, local and regional systems, and large-scale systems (national or international, for instance). We are committed to developing workable proposals for concrete action at all three levels. Our conversations aim to link the movement's practical and theoretical concerns together in the service of collective and individual growth.

Introduction ... OE through the eyes of functional democracy

Postby TheGreatRenewal » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:01 pm

If I don't share this information with others then I have not lived to a moral obligation. However, finding how and with whom to share has been challenging. I am going to write a series of entries ... focusing on one concept at a time. Unfortunately I can't use graphics so I might use () to say something like: 'See these in two columns'.

I have not figured out in which order these concepts should be aligned so that it's simple for others to follow the complexity in a natural manner.

My goal is to shift the culture of the OE present site away from an 'open democracy' to a 'functional one' so that the initial OE experience can flourish in parallel to OE dealing with the influx of homeless people, people with mental illness, people on substance abuse and children who have left home. These two aspects of OE can come into balance if a very swift changes occurs. This can be done if these concepts seem like common sense to you and implementing them possible in a timely manner.
TheGreatRenewal

Return to Systemic Change Working Group