Voting Options

Gathers to analyze and address the relations between systems at different levels: the systems that emerge among us as members of the occupation itself, local and regional systems, and large-scale systems (national or international, for instance). We are committed to developing workable proposals for concrete action at all three levels. Our conversations aim to link the movement's practical and theoretical concerns together in the service of collective and individual growth.

Voting Options

Postby TheGreatRenewal » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:35 pm

This attached .pdf comes from New Zealand. We are having an election this weekend. At the back of this PDF are different 'voting' options that I think would be interesting to discuss. MMP (present form) was introduced in the mid1990s. Before it was 'first past the post'. Neither seem to do the trick.

Sorry ... how do you upload a file? .doc is not allowed. .pdf is not allowed. What does this website allow? Some one help me please.
TheGreatRenewal

Re: Voting Options

Postby JerryB » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:39 pm

I would also be interested in reading about the alternatives in new Zealand. Here is a Wickopedia description. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_ ... ew_Zealand

Id go for the Preferential Vote and think it should be used here (in Occupy and nationally in the government).

Think we could start an initiative?
JerryB

Return to Systemic Change Working Group