Occupy Eugene has consensed to select one or more strategic campaigns to put substantial energy into for the next six months. Six proposals are under consideration now that the two BofA proposals have merged. We’ve had some great conversations about them so far, and imagine a couple more G.A. conversations to come to consensus.
- BofA: BANKrupting America Campaign
BofA: FightBAC Campaign(this and the above have merged)
- Community Bill of Rights Campaign
Cooperative Production Campaign– this project continues, but not as a strategic campaign
- Foreclosure Campaign (aka “Our Homes Over Wall Street” – also see the updated presentation)
- Healthcare for All Campaign
- Homeless Solutions Task Force Campaign
There’s also a spreadsheet with useful information about each campaign that makes it easy to look at and compare them all together. You can pick up copies at OEV, or see the spreadsheet online. We’ll be updating it over time, so check back once in a while to see what’s new. Also, click here to watch the livestream of week 8 of occupation education, where we discuss the spreadsheet results in detail.
- Friday, May 4th G.A.: This proposed schedule will be announced at the G.A. and there will probably some q&a about the process and specific proposals.
- Tuesday, May 8th G.A.: Conversation about the proposed campaigns, especially the capacity realistically required for each campaign, and how each will build our movement.
- Tuesday, May 15th G.A.: More conversation and if possible, consensus on one or more strategic campaigns.
- Tuesday April 17th @ 5:30 pm There was a special legal/research meeting at OEV to review submissions and prepare for presentations.
- April 24th, G.A.: Proposals were presented and livestreamed: 5 minute presentation, 5 minute Q&A if necessary. There was also some conversation about whether OE wants to have focus, goals or a strategic campaign at all.
- April 27th, G.A: Further conversation about whether OE wants to have one or more strategic campaigns
- May 1st, G.A.: Further conversation, and consensus that OE does want to select one or more strategic campaigns
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Members of Occupy Eugene have endeavored to democratically develop a strategic campaign plan. As part of that process, and as a result of a six hour strategic campaign workshop OE participated in, we will be discussing and deciding whether we should select a certain campaign or campaigns to focus the majority of our time and attention on as the Occupy Eugene movement. Any committee or individual that would like to propose a campaign for Occupy Eugene to work on for the next 6 months should submit their proposal by Friday, April 13th. Submissions should be in word or pdf formats, 2 pages or less using 12 pt font. All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13, 2012 (arrangement can be made for hand delivery if necessary).
Please address the following in your proposal submission:
- Details of the Campaign:
- Working name of Campaign
- Your name and contact info (including email and phone if possible)
Other criteria you may consider or reflect upon:
- Is the campaign tied to national Occupy Wall Street campaigns/goals
- Does it include multiple short term pay-offs (mini-successes)
- Create links with marginal or communities of color
- Addresses issues not being addressed by existing local groups
- Addresses issues that cause most harm
- Holds participants’ interest
- Can it be linked somehow with the activities of all, or nearly all, committees now active in Occupy, and doesn’t exclude anyone
- What is the range of tactics you foresee that might be used in this campaign?
PROCESS FOR CHOOSING OE CAMPAIGN PLAN
The deadline for submissions must be received by Friday, April 13th , 11:59pm. The Legal/Research committee will review all submissions to determine if any proposals can/should be combined, or eliminate clearly inappropriate proposals. If proposals are similar in nature, authors of the submissions will be contacted by email and informed that they will need to jointly present their proposal at the G.A. Inappropriate proposals, or proposals that do not meet the submission criteria will be removed from the selection process (but will be posted online for transparency purposes)
OE members will be able to view all the proposals on our website. If you have questions or concerns about a submission that you hope to have the author address at the G.A., please send your inquiry to email@example.com and we will forward your question to the author with the idea that they will attempt to tailor their 5-minute presentation to address member questions or concerns.
(see above for what actually happened)
- Tuesday April 17th @ 5:30 pm there will be a special legal/rsch meetingOEV to review submissions and prepare for presentations. Presenters shall be contacted to review presentation process—5 minutes to present, 5 minutes for Q&A.
- On April 24th G.A. proposals will be presented and livestreamed: suggest 5 minute presentation, 5 minute Q&A if necessary.
- April 27th G.A: should OE select a ceratain number of campaigns in the next 6 months? If so, how many can we realistically achieve?
- May 4th G.A.: make decision on choosing campaign plan(s)
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Begin work on new campaign plans as soon as possible!